'Tis the season to indulge, and that’s why we love this Smoked Salmon Dip recipe – it not only adds a touch of sophistication to your holiday spread, but it is super simple and always a crowd-pleaser.
- 250g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crackers or sliced baguette for serving
- In a food processor, pulse the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the smoked salmon, fresh dill, capers, and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remember, smoked salmon can be salty, so adjust accordingly.
- Chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to meld.
- Before serving, garnish with additional dill and capers
- Pair with your favourite crackers or sliced baguette
Quick Christmas Appetizers That Impress
When it comes to quick Christmas appetizers, presentation is key. Our Smoked Salmon Dip not only tastes divine but also looks impressive on any holiday table. The vibrant pink of the salmon, flecks of green from the dill, and the inviting aroma will have your guests reaching for seconds.
Serving Suggestions and Variations
The beauty of easy dip recipes lies in their versatility. If you aren't able to find smoked salmon, tinned salmon also works well in this recipe, just make sure you drain and debone.
While our Smoked Salmon Dip is a showstopper on its own, consider serving it with an array of accompaniments. Thinly sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, or even mini toasts can add a delightful crunch to each bite. For a bit of zest, you can also incorporate a pinch of horseradish or a splash of hot sauce.